RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: GameCreate Client 5.2.8 Released Reply with quote

Hi,

Just a note that we've updated the GameCreate Client installers for both Windows and Linux.

You can download the new version from the Download page on the left; grab the updated executable from those install packages if necessary.

Changes from 5.2.4 (beta client):
* Show a warning if hostname resolution fails during startup
* Updated support of 'hide paths' FTP feature to not hide directories in some cases (when a wildcard is present in a directory); covers some useful edge cases where you may want to permit: /configs/*/pb/* and still see directories inside /configs/
* Trivial FTP memory leak bug fix
* Fixed possibility where some TCP ports may be re-used during FTP sessions incorrectly that may have prevented file transfer
* Added gamecreate.ini configuration options ftp-start-port and ftp-end-port to choose the outgoing TCP port range used for client connections - useful for firewalled environments. Note that the connect port of 2121 is still locked.
* Other minor bug fixes

For those who did not use the beta version for Linux, you would also now see SCREEN support.

- Andrew
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

LukLuk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work, you're still working on that. I love GameCreate Smile Helps so much!
Kybber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice changelist, Andrew, particularly the fix for visible FTP directories Smile

Is it possible to make GC autoupdate some time in the future? Having to manually update all our hosts is a royal pain.

(I thought it already did update, but apparently not so).
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can issue an auto-update command; but opted not for no particular reason Smile

I will consider using auto update in the future though Smile

If you haven't updated yet, I'll have them update if you like.
Kybber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure FTP is still working as it should and wasn't broken in the last update? I am no longer able to FTP to the (Windows) hosts I've updated to 5.2.8:

Code:
>ncftp -P 2121 my.host.name
NcFTP 3.2.2 (Aug 18, 2008) by Mike Gleason (http://www.NcFTP.com/contact/).
Could not connect to my.host.name -- try again later: Connection timed out.                                                                                           
(...)

This works just fine on hosts still running 5.2.4.

The GameCreate client on the host seems fine:
Code:
LOG: Wed Mar 31 12:03:30 2010: Starting GameCreate Client 5.2.8
LOG: Wed Mar 31 12:03:30 2010: Hostname: XXXX. IP: X.X.X.X
LOG: Wed Mar 31 12:03:30 2010: Master: eu1.master.gamecreate.com,eu2.master.gamecreate.com
LOG: Wed Mar 31 12:03:30 2010: Starting FTP server thread
LOG: Wed Mar 31 12:03:30 2010: SSL pipe not connected, attempting to connect
LOG: Wed Mar 31 12:03:30 2010: Master address(es): eu1.master.gamecreate.com,eu2.master.gamecreate.com
LOG: Wed Mar 31 12:03:31 2010: Got ip of '94.75.231.5' for eu1.master.gamecreate.com
LOG: Wed Mar 31 12:03:31 2010: Begin connection attempt
LOG: Wed Mar 31 12:03:31 2010: Connect TCP socket
LOG: Wed Mar 31 12:03:31 2010: TCP connected, create new SSL instance
LOG: Wed Mar 31 12:03:31 2010: Bind SSL to TCP socket
LOG: Wed Mar 31 12:03:31 2010: Begin SSL negotiation
LOG: Wed Mar 31 12:03:35 2010: SSL negotiation complete
LOG: Wed Mar 31 12:03:35 2010: Attempting domain login: xxx/yyy
LOG: Wed Mar 31 12:03:39 2010: FTP connections are permitted

As soon as this is working, I'd love to have them autoupdate, yes Smile This could be a nice feature for root-admins with system permission to do ourselves, by the way.

Edit: Hang on, seems there may be a problem our end (no surprise to you, I'm sure). Not certain what's going on, but will update when I have some more info.

Edit2: The reason I added the edit above is that I downgraded a host to 5.2.4, but still can't connect.
Kybber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, never mind. Turns out the problem was caused by a weird firewall-problem related to either a Windows 2k8 update or the fact that GC was uninstalled. Either way, the FW-entry for GC was removed, and thus GC was blocked out. So all is fine, and FTP is working as expected.

Can you please push the button and autoupdate all our hosts, Andrew? Much appreciated Smile
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kybber wrote:
Ok, never mind. Turns out the problem was caused by a weird firewall-problem related to either a Windows 2k8 update or the fact that GC was uninstalled. Either way, the FW-entry for GC was removed, and thus GC was blocked out. So all is fine, and FTP is working as expected.

Can you please push the button and autoupdate all our hosts, Andrew? Much appreciated Smile

All of your current windows/linux hosts have been updated (that are online).

RE: Your firewall problem, most likely because the executable had changed the existing firewall rule was invalidated ('are you sure you want this new version to use the internet too?')
Kybber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew wrote:
('are you sure you want this new version to use the internet too?')

"Yes, please, stupid Windows, please stop breaking my hosts."

Gah...

Thanks for the update! Smile
Reaper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 64bit fedora 12 and I can't run the "run" file because its requiring a 32bit library, anyway I can just get the gamecreate file in a zip or some other means...
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've ran GameCreate on 64bit machines before (both windows and linux); your OS should just run it under 32bit mode.

I'm not sure what you need specifically but try googling for help related to the error; it sounds like your server is just missing some additional dependencies to run any 32bit code.
Kybber

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew is correct: There are compatibility-libraries you can install on pure 64-bit systems to allow them to properly run 32-bit applications.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: