RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicke157

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am    Post subject: Minecraft Server not working Reply with quote

First of all: Minecraft server need to be updated to version 1.3 (currently gamecrate uses 1.2).

To my trouble:
Gamecreate thinks that my Minecraft server crashing and tries to start it again. But the server runs just fine.
So I got several gui windows of same server.
In the the failures log on gamecreate it reads: Process failure (Server crashed?)
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

Brendan
Mammoth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback. I have updated the server files to the latest 1.3 build.

I have been able to replicate the error that you've mentioned (that GameCreate does not properly detect the Minecraft server). As GameCreate can't find the process running it assumes it has crashed and attempts to restart it. The further servers will fail to bind to the server port (as the first server is running properly).

I'll investigate the possible fixes for this error, but it may take some time to complete.
nicke157

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brendan wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. I have updated the server files to the latest 1.3 build.

I have been able to replicate the error that you've mentioned (that GameCreate does not properly detect the Minecraft server). As GameCreate can't find the process running it assumes it has crashed and attempts to restart it. The further servers will fail to bind to the server port (as the first server is running properly).

I'll investigate the possible fixes for this error, but it may take some time to complete.

Okey, thanks.
Brendan
Mammoth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One note: I did test this on a server, and depending on your settings you may find that the server will eventually run out of virtual memory. You may wish to ensure that GameCreate doesn't attempt to infinitely restart the server.
Kybber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brendan: Just so you know, nicke157 is not the only one hoping for a fix for this problem Smile I contacted support by mail a month ago, but not sure if you receive those mails since I never heard back.
Cyber_Punk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too would like to see a fix for minecraft as well.
Zauberfisch

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good day

my first guess would be that minecraft is a java based program, and in fact the minecraft_server.exe is nothing more than a start script for the java it self.

why not just kick out the exe file and use the .jar file on windows too?

thats what I did on my own minecraft server anyway, for I needed to grant more RAM to it.

also, it would be nice if you offer a minecraft bukkit server as well.
I guess you can call it a minecraft server fork, anyway, it offers great support for plugins and so on.

Best Regards
Zauberfisch

// Edit: also the icon for Minecraft in the admin panel is missing, so it shows the alt text, which is way to long, meaning the text of the server and the alt text is messing up.
Steve
Mammoth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's now a wrapper in place for Minecraft which enables GC users on Windows to run multiple instances from a single install directory.

You'll need Java installed on the hosts you want to run Minecraft on, and to put your java.exe into the Minecraft install folder.

We don't plan on offering the various available forks, although you should be able to create any new properties and whatever else you need if you wish to install them yourself and run them in place of the official version.
Cyber_Punk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do I get the wrapper for linux it doesn't seem to auto download? Do I need to update my gc client?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: